Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26: Must stay awake…

“…Must stay awake…Must keep typing…Must type…must…”

“Cathy what are you doing?”

“Hmmm? Oh, Natalie, I’m trying to *yawn* get *yawn* 3,000 words done before *yawn* before I go to…to bed.”

“Why are you trying to do that?”

“Well *YAWN* I got a little behind last week and *yawn*, and then it was Sunday, and today I had an appoint- *yawn* -tment and then I went to see the Doctor at the theater. He, they, were all 3D-ish. And now the numbers are…are all...mixed up. It was…It was brilliant. And fantastic. And cool. So I had fun there. Lots of fun and then I sorta slowed down and I was gonna go to sleep *yawn* and then I realized that it’s the last week and Thanksgiving is coming up. I *yawn* have to make up the ground and I want to be a little ahead bef-*yawn* before then. Before thanksgiving”

“Well that makes sense..... I think....Um…Cathy?”

“Ya-*yawn*”

“Its 7:00. That is its Seven AM.”

“That’s nice…Wait what?”

“Its morning you’ve; been up all night.”

“Oh…I need coffee.”

“I think you need a nap. How much did you get done anyway?”

“Uh, let’s see…oh. Not 3,000. I need coffee.”

“Nap. Now how much—Cathy this says that you got 6,109 words done sense you last logged them!”

“That’s what I said. Not 3,000. Where’s the coffee?”

“Cathy…Cathy you need to go take a nap.”

“No nap. Coffee.”

“Nap, then coffee. Come on there’s cots off the break room for days like this.”

“Cots? No COFFEE. It’s the stay-awake stuff; see, I have a cup. A cup and a thir- *yawn* therm- *yawn* a coffee thing.”

“I see that you had way too much of it last night if you drank all of that. Come on.”

“To coffee?”

“Sure, you lay down over here on the cot and I’ll go see about coffee.”

“Ok-*yawn*”

“Good night Cathy.”

“You said…Morning…coffee…”

“Sweat dreams.”

13-FEMK-338_-DrWho_Theaterflyer-Alt(1)

So, long story short, I just saw The Day of the Doctor in 3D with some friends and, oh, I can’t say how fantastically brilliant it was. Or how tiered I am now that I'm coming down from the excitement. If I wasn’t tired then Cathy would probably explain to Natalie what Doctor who is all about and they would plan a marathon for December. But as both of us need sleep, that will have to wait until another day. It’s just past midnight so I will go to bed and leave the writing until morning like Natalie does.

~Rita

day 26 of NaNoWriMo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the language clean, thank you!

Popular Posts