Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 21: Here's Your Options

We’ve got about a third of the month left and for some that may be causing mini panic attacks. If you’re one of those who is feeling hopelessly behind then this post is for you.

Things happen, we get sick or our computer crashes, or we just can’t fit in enough time to write around work, babysitting, and schoolwork. Time starts running out and our hope of completion is slipping away with it.

When we feel like this there are a few things we can do.

Option one is to give up. Throw in the towel, cash in our chips, and lay our over used colloquialisms to rest. (I’m not too keen on this one myself, I like my colloquialisms.)

Option two is we just keep writing whenever we can and celebrate what we get done with our busy schedules. Even if we don’t get all 50,000 done we can still be proud of what we’ve accomplished. (An honorable effort I would say… Well provided my word count amounts to more than a few hundred, saying I finished off with 374 words might be a bit awkward after all the bragging I did.)

Option three is we forgo sleep, drink insane amounts of coffee, and write like crazy to finish this thing off with a bang. We’ll win or die trying. (And we just might wish we had if our boss catches us sleeping on the job come December 1st.)

You can take option one if you want and I won’t judge you for it. (I may however hold a memorial service to morn your novel’s premature demise.) But if you choose to keep going I will do my best to provide whatever support I can. In any case I’m proud of you for getting this far and I think you have it in you to see this through. (How do I know? Because you read through my whole post! To me that shows you have the grit, spunk, and ingenuity to see this through :D )

Good luck,
~Rita

Day 21 of NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the language clean, thank you!

Popular Posts