Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, Old Goals

Does the fact that I didn’t post this yesterday mean that I automatically fail? I did mean too, I just couldn’t say awake long enough to manage it.

Well in any case this is my, slightly late, New Year’s Resolution post. My goals can mostly be summed up by saying that I want to be more productive. More disciplined too, but productive about covers it. Most of my New Year's Resolutions are related to my writing; I want to do so much more than I have been. They are also a lot like the resolutions I made last year, I didn't get too far then but hopefully this time will be different.

I have a few more things (and more details) on my private list but here's the basics:

  • Blog weekly (please poke me when I don’t)
  • Work out a better plan for blogging (so that first one doesn’t fail)
  • Brainstorm more (I have ideas, they just need a little filling out before I can write them)
  • Finish drafting that major project of mine (two years in progress is long enough!)
  • Edit those short pieces (they should be dusty enough now.) 
  • Establish a better writing routine (scratch that. Establish a routine period.)
  • Just plain old write more (and not just for NaNoWriMo either)

I know I can fulfill these goals, (okay actually I’m worried about a few of them but I’m trying to convince myself otherwise.) I’m working out a plan for how to right now. I just have to keep the procrastinator in me at bay long enough to implement it this time around.

How about you? What are your goals for this year? Or even just this month? Any advice on sticking with it?

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the language clean, thank you!

Popular Posts